Puffbacks Can Be Messy!
Often times a ventilation system can be the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. We have found that our customers, whether residential or commercial, have a high regard for the health and safety of their families and employees.
They know that breathing dirty air can lead to many types of illnesses, or aggravates respiratory issues such as asthma or emphysema.
Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout your home.
If you're concerned with the purity of your air, give SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale a call today. Through the use of HEPA vacuums, roto-scrapers, air whipping, duct sealant, and filter replacement, SERVPRO Team Paparone is equipped to properly & professionally perform a clean sweep of your air ducts, removing years of dust and grime.
Facts About Mold
There are many misconceptions out there about mold and our team is here to help you out!
Fungi and mold occur naturally in our environment. In fact, over 100,000 kinds of fungi have been identified. Some molds can actually produce useful things. The unique flavor of blue cheese is a result of mold. The lifesaving drug, penicillin, is a product of mold!
That said, some forms of mold can be harmful. Excessive amounts of mold, different types of mold, and/or exposure to molds may present health concerns for some people.
Intrusion of water into your home of place of business can result in mold growth. Water intrusions can be caused by storm damage, plumbing, equipment failures, and poor humidity control. When water intrusions are not addressed right away, the resulting damage can present increased risk of harmful mold growth. Some amount of mold spores are normally present in most environments. If the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not promptly returned to normal, mold spores may grow and multiply.
To avoid this and the possibility of adverse health affects, call SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale today!
6 Tips to Protect Your Philly Home While on Vacation
Many people go on vacations during the summer months, leaving their properties unattended. SERVPRO is the #1 choice in restoration services to property owners, property managers, and vacation rental agencies. The need for routine inspections, maintenance, and restoration is very important to prevent any potential damage while the properties are vacant.
Here are some tips to make sure your property is taken care of while you’re relaxing!
- Secure doors and windows: Before leaving, double-check that all doors, windows, and entry points are securely locked. You don’t want water to make its way uninvited.
- Inform trustworthy neighbors or friends about your vacation plans. Provide them with your contact information and ask them to keep an eye on your property.
- Maintain your property's exterior: Before leaving, ensure that your property's exterior is well-maintained. Trim trees and bushes, mow the lawn, and remove any potential hazards or debris that could cause damage during your absence.
- Unplug non-essential appliances: To prevent electrical fires or power surges, unplug non-essential appliances, such as computers, TVs, and kitchen appliances. This also helps conserve energy while you're away.
- Check water sources: Turn off the main water supply or shut off individual water valves to prevent leaks or flooding. Consider installing leak detection devices that can alert you to any water leaks or pipe bursts.
- IF EMERGENCY OCCURS: Inform your security company and emergency contacts, such as SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem. We are available 24/7.
Vacation is supposed to be a relaxing getaway from reality. Performing these tips and tricks will help your family have a stress-free trip!
Philadelphia Giant Calls SERVPRO for Flood Damage
Philadelphia Giant floods from huge storm
All hands were on deck for this project.
The Greater Philadelphia area was hit with a huge storm that created a ton of damage throughout the tri-state. A local Giant Supermarket needed immediate emergency response from our team when the entire store flooded from the storm. Throughout the aisles and underneath the shelves, water found its way everywhere!
The most important thing to Giant management was getting the store operational, so they made a call to SERVPRO Team Paparone, and we coordinated all personnel, equipment, and drying documentation across multiple SERVPROs.
The store was able to open the next morning, pending a health inspection from the city!
REMEMBER: Response time to any size water damage is crucial!
9 Tips on Pet Fire Safety!
Saturday, July 15th is National Pet Fire Safety Day! It is important to include your furry family members into your emergency plan should a fire ever occur. You want to make sure they know their way out of the house during an emergency.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in the United States, an estimated 500,000 pets are affected by house fires annually, with a significant number suffering injuries or losing their lives. Here are some tips to keeping your pets safe during a fire emergency:
- Develop a clear and well-rehearsed evacuation plan that includes your pets. designate a meeting point outside where everyone, including your pets, can gather safely.
- Display pet alert window stickers:
- Ensure that your pets wear collars with identification tags at all times.
- Pets can accidentally knock over candles, lamps, or space heaters, causing fires.
- Consider installing pet-specific fire alarms or detectors that can detect the unique frequencies of a pet's distress call.
- Take steps to minimize the risk of fires in your home. Don't leave pets unattended near open flames or hot appliances.
- Include essential supplies for your pets in an emergency kit, such as food, water, medications, and copies of vaccination records. Keep this kit easily accessible in case of an evacuation.
- Inform neighbors or nearby friends:
- During a fire emergency, pets may become frightened and seek hiding spots. Be aware of their favorite hiding places and inform firefighters or rescue personnel about their likely locations.
Show some love to your pets and make sure they are ready to escape during or following an emergency. Call SERVPRO Team Paparone immediately following any fire damage restoration services. We are HERE TO HELP® 24/7.
What Is Covered Under Your Homeowners Insurance
Do you live in Philadelphia with renter’s insurance or homeowners insurance? Do you know what your insurance covers if you are hit with water damage?
No worries, SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale has your back. Our partnership with State Farm has allowed our professionals to understand the ins and outs of insurance. Here is what renter’s insurance covers - in short, it covers all the things you own.
Accidents - this includes objects damaging your property
Weather impacts - any damage resulting from a natural
Malicious mischief - this includes vandalism, theft, riots, & vehicle damage
Loss of use - if your home or property is damaged and uninhabitable after a covered loss, living accommodations and expenses that accrue will be covered by this type of insurance.
According to Forbes and the Insurance Information Institution, every year about one in 50 homeowners file water damage claims, accounting for 29% of all homeowners insurance claims. It is important to be aware of what your insurance covers and the steps to take in the event of water damage.
SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale takes pride in relieving stress from our customers and clients. Our professionals are equipped with the knowledge and resources to be the middle person between our business and their insurance claims.
SERVPRO Host The First Responders College Bowl Game in December
It’s that time of year! Football season is upon us and SERVPRO hosts The First Responders College Bowl Game on December 27th in Dallas, Tx. SERVPRO takes pride in supporting their local first responders and SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale is proud to be a part of that initiative.
SERVPRO has been sponsoring the bowl game since 2014 and has given our franchises the opportunity to honor local first responders on a national level. Rick Isaacson, CEO of SERVPRO, said, “The SERVPRO First Responder Bowl is one way we celebrate these dedicated first responders and their families as the hometown heroes they are.”
Each franchise will nominate a local first responder to be considered for special recognition at this year's game. One nominee will be selected to experience an all-expenses-paid trip to the game where they will be presented with an award.
The SERVPRO First Responders Bowl also has a virtual Everyday Heroes Wall that honors these courageous people in our community. If you know someone who has committed to risking their lives every day, view the Everyday Heroes Wall page to submit a photo of your frontline hero!
Is Your Fox Chase Business Emergency Ready?
Add SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale to your vendor list!
ARE YOU READY FOR WHATEVER HAPPENS?
No one plans for disasters, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have too. Partnering with SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale, ensures you’re ready for whatever happens to your business or commercial property.
By preparing now, you demonstrate excellence in readiness planning by compiling a comprehensive information resource to use in case of a disaster.
WHY SERVPRO’S EMERGENCY READY PLAN?
By having an immediate plan, you minimize potential business downtime when disaster strikes. Here’s why SERVPRO’s ERP is the way to go!
- 50+ years in disaster recovery experience
- 2,000+ service provider locations
- This means there is a SERVPRO in your area within a two-hour distance
- 20,000+ SERVPRO Personnel
- No Retainer/Upfront Costs
- SERVPRO’s Emergency Ready Plan is completely free to utilize. We will come out to do a free assessment of your property while storing all the property information in one place.
- Largest Supply of Owned Equipment
Our Ready Plan is designed to be a start-up approach that provides critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services.
If you and your business are interested in learning more about our ERP profile, please contact our offices at 215-545-5300.
What To Do Before, During and After Water Damage
We cannot control Mother Nature; when she hits Philadelphia, we need to make sure we are ready to go for whatever damage she leaves behind. We can’t control the weather but we can control what we do to prepare for the before, during and after water damage.
Here are the things you should do before, during and after water damage to make the remediation process easy for you.
- Make a list of all the things you own; furniture, clothing, valuables
- Fill out a Family Emergency Plan, or if you are a business owner/property owner - fill out our Emergency Ready Plan
- Have a To-Go Bag that you can grab if you are rushing out in a hurry
- Be aware of what your insurance company covers when damage unexpectedly hits your home or business
- Turn off water valves and electricity circuits
- Call you insurance company to file a claim
- Stay away from any flood water whether it’s from a storm or a leaking pipe. You’re unfamiliar with where the water came from.
- Call your local SERVPRO, give them the insurance claim number. After communicating with the insurance company, our crews will be dispatched out to your home to assess the situation and discuss next steps.
- Depending on the damage will determine what happens after the damage is assessed by our professionals. We take pride in making sure the water damage remediation process is as smooth as possible for our customers.
Flooding is the most common U.S. natural disaster, and Pennsylvania has the highest flooding rate of any state.
If your home or business is suffering from water damage, don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale now at 215-545-5300.
6 Steps to Starting Water Damage Remediation
Property damage doesn’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Langhorne & Bensalem provides emergency cleanup and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. No damage is too big or small for our team!
Why is immediate response time crucial?
The short answer: to keep a bad situation from getting worse. In many cases an immediate response will help contain and minimize damage, thus reducing cleaning and restoration costs. The sooner the cleanup process starts, the better.
Here are a few immediate steps you can take to help speed up the process:
- Call your insurance company as soon as possible. Once you have filed a claim with your insurance company, SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem can take it from there to determine next steps.
- Call SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale, who provides 24 hour, 7 days a week emergency service by having a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike at 215-545-5300.
- Document the damage by taking pictures or videos for the insurance claim.
- Shut off the water source so no further damage is created.
- Turn off circuit breakers.
- Don’t enter affected areas!
Use technology such as alarms and/or smart home monitoring systems that can be managed and monitored even when you aren’t home!