6 Tips to Protect Your Philly Home While on Vacation
Many people go on vacations during the summer months, leaving their properties unattended. SERVPRO is the #1 choice in restoration services to property owners, property managers, and vacation rental agencies. The need for routine inspections, maintenance, and restoration is very important to prevent any potential damage while the properties are vacant.
Here are some tips to make sure your property is taken care of while you’re relaxing!
- Secure doors and windows: Before leaving, double-check that all doors, windows, and entry points are securely locked. You don’t want water to make its way uninvited.
- Inform trustworthy neighbors or friends about your vacation plans. Provide them with your contact information and ask them to keep an eye on your property.
- Maintain your property's exterior: Before leaving, ensure that your property's exterior is well-maintained. Trim trees and bushes, mow the lawn, and remove any potential hazards or debris that could cause damage during your absence.
- Unplug non-essential appliances: To prevent electrical fires or power surges, unplug non-essential appliances, such as computers, TVs, and kitchen appliances. This also helps conserve energy while you're away.
- Check water sources: Turn off the main water supply or shut off individual water valves to prevent leaks or flooding. Consider installing leak detection devices that can alert you to any water leaks or pipe bursts.
- IF EMERGENCY OCCURS: Inform your security company and emergency contacts, such as SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem. We are available 24/7.
Vacation is supposed to be a relaxing getaway from reality. Performing these tips and tricks will help your family have a stress-free trip!